Day Skipper Theory
Client: Aspiring skippers
Dates: Enrol anytime
Info: This course is provided by Navathome.com, a RYA training centre specializing on online training. You will be their student. You will be tutored/supported by an experienced RYA (Discovery Sailing) instructor working on behalf of Navathome.com.
This course is a comprehensive introduction to cruising for inexperienced skippers. This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
Course topics include:
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferaft.
Take a test drive!: Click Here.